1. Connect to the server with the IP: play.datpixel.net

Read Me! Towny Updates Live!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Steven, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Steven

Steven Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Hey everyone,

I am please to announce that our new Towny updates are finally live! This update mainly focuses on crucial economy updates, all new mob arenas and kits, and and finally the return of towny wars. Let's get into the main details!

Towny Mob Arena:
    A huge revamp has took place for Mob Arena. To start off, we have included fully custom guns and brand new maps built by yours truly, Plutoren. One major arena we have added is Area-51. This will be a collector gamemode where you dodge each wave one by one, and try to mine wool blocks as quickly as possible. When you have several of all 8 wool colors, climb the side tower to convert your hard earned wool into diamonds at the beacon located at the bridge. Lastly, convert your diamonds into spawners by climbing a central tower and clicking a diamond block.

Notice: To use this feature you must have purchased the Premium Mob Arena Kits via our web store. You will be able to win various spawners such as Villager Spawners, Iron Golems, and many more! Good Luck!

New Town and Nation Upkeep Prices:
    Towny upkeep has always been $250 every 24 hours, however with this new update, town upkeep prices will massively depend on the population of a town, or nation. The breakdown is as followed:

[​IMG]

Essentially, you pay $500 per resident at each level, or $1000 if you own a town as a nation. Be sure to deposit money to your town accordingly or it may come to a ruin!
    - /t deposit (amount)
    - /n deposit (amount)

Towny Wars:

Note:
    Towny wars will occur every Saturday. You do NOT have to participate!

When a towny war takes place, nations will fight each other. While war is in effect, each competing town has a health points property attached to it. Normal town-blocks have an HP of 100, while Home Blocks have an HP of 200. A town-block will lose HP by enemy-nation residents standing within the townblock. When a town-block has lost all HP and fallen, the town which the attacker belongs to gains one town-block, and points to their War Score. A Town can also be knocked out of a war when their Home Block falls or if their Mayor is killed. Lastly, a Nation can be knocked out of a war if its capital city is knocked out of the war.

Towny war ends when there is only one nation whose Home Block has not been conquered or when staff toggles war off.

Points in war given for the following:
    • An enemy killed: 1
    • A townblock stolen: 1
    • A town knocked out of the war: 10
    • A nation knocked out of the war: 100

The Nation(s) with the most points at the end of a war will receive a huge sum of money dependent on the spoils of war accumulated over the war.

How can I get out of Towny war?

There are two main ways you can do this:
    1. Join a peaceful nation
      • Toggle peaceful mode with. /n toggle peaceful
      • $25,000 is charged to toggle between peaceful and not peaceful
    2. Don’t join any nation
      • Towns without a nation will not be entered into wars
    No grief?
    Grief is disabled similarly to when war is off. However, blocks take 5 second to regenerate, making it possible to mine through walls now,

Good luck everyone!
    ~ Steven

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. wackyboss

wackyboss Senior Moderator
    Staff Member Senior Mod

Good Luck to Everyone in the upcoming war! I'm gonna be hiding in my bunker studying for my exams :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. MachineManiaIII

MachineManiaIII Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's nice to have some updates come around.

4. Jirache

Jirache Member

I'll watch you all from far away, maybe try and shoot one bow and arrow, but probably miss. ;)

5. CharryLuLu

CharryLuLu Member

By Bonus Claims do you mean by residents or nation bonus?

6. SpikeyMike2

SpikeyMike2 Senior Moderator
    Staff Member Senior Mod

Time to /ta toggle war when the server is whitelisted :D huehue

7. Cagss

Cagss Member

Nice updates. Thank you!

8. NuggetPlayer10

My Nation is gonna destroy but sadly I can't help as I currently have 2m atm