1. Connect to the server with the IP: play.datpixel.net

Its about time, I'm here to explain things as it is.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uni (Forgot details), Apr 29, 2018.

Tags:
?

Shall steven re-think life

This poll will close on Jan 9, 2019 at 10:27 AM.
  1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

41.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Uni (Forgot details)

Hey there I'm Uni very old DatPixel member from ages back before it died.I'm here to talk you through things.To be honest I feel a bit angry at @Steven let me explain this in as much detail I can.
    DATPIXEL COULD OF BEEN REVIVED! making a new server doesnt solve evreything you improve on mistakes dont leave it to die!, If evreyone did that in the world we would be left with nothing learn from your mistakes fix them and dont leave them.

Next point, gamemodes and things which could of been fixed.
    Number 1. Survival. A reset could of happened, Or even better a economy reset where keys are debuffed and peoples bals are reset to 500k.

Number 2 the other gamemodes. This could of been prevented if one servers got 50-100 players dont add a new gamemode just use some of the money on advertising....
    Oh yeah you still havent fixed the server @Steven I feel like you don't care about the players leaving us in the dark like this. You moved on AGAIN.

Number 3. Suggestions should be listened to not just left to the side of evreything selling ranks is one thing and adding sales but it doesnt change things.
    Suggestions grow the server new updates = more attractions people like.

Number 4. Steven should be more active.One reason I heard plutoren left was because he did so much work (which he did) but you didnt seem to care.If your going to be succsessful in something thank the people who help.Hes moved on I still dont like what happened but I think you should re-think it steven.

Number 5. Friends. I feel bad people had to experience this tbh I'm on skittle (stevens other server)
    if want to talk to me im on a ton so go ahead ;D! Im xUni

{Btw steven i dont see you on skittle much either more more of raj xD}

DATPIXEL NEEDS TO BE REVIVED! #REVIVEMEMORIES !!!!
    Im tagging many of my friends

@SpikeyMike2 @IAimBoots

@Legend_109 @Hash @ZaraGaming @Lexie @Bee @Blue @DavidIsHere

#1 Uni (Forgot details), Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. creeperkillerz05

I agree with uni, i see her on skittle sometimes and we want datpixel BACK! #REVIVEMEMORIES !!!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Uni (Forgot details)

Uni wont let this server die Ive had to many good times to let it go like this tbh, thats why I moved over I want it to be the toxic funny loving place it used to be xD

4. Legend_109

Legend_109 Member

I remember when back to before the EULA blacklist was applied here, the server was VERY active, the economy was perfect and people were happy about buying ranks as they were getting what it said.

However, I think that DP died because the exact opposite had happened:

The actual Server

The economy is 100% broken :
    https://imgur.com/a/uSAc9FR . In real life, NOBODY has ever been close to hitting a currency that high (Although I understand that this is a video game, not real life).
    Furthermore, the highest rank back then (Legendz or Myth I believe), gave you $/£1 million or billion, which seems like a very high amount. However nowadays, you can get $/£1 billion from a vote crate and people hand out millions of dollars as if its just a speck of sand in the seaside ($/£1 million is nothing nowadays).

Players are much more toxic nowadays and break rules passively: https://imgur.com/a/ZlxSrsk or https://imgur.com/a/DswPrFo (When i said "no u", it was a memeful comment and wasn't intentionally directed towards him/her).
    Back then, people were delighted to spend hours upon hours here, enjoying themselves while they chatted to random people online, build, PvP etc. Furthermore, staff were on pretty much all the time so if anyone broke the rules, they would be dealt with immediately. Now, since its quite rare to see staff on, people break rules and think it's fine because the server is "dead" and that nothing bad is going to happen to them, just because staff aren't on. This is my opinion but I think that one of the reasons why there are so little staff on is because everybody says they don't do a good job (which in fact they do a great job) and that it saddens the staff, meaning that they wouldn't enjoy being on.

(The point I just made above wasn't to critisize staff, so I apologise if anyone who is staff and is reading my message thought I was denouncing staff.)

There's literally nowhere to build anything: There really isn't much need to post a picture about this, as many players understand this. Players have been inactive for months and when it's easy to tell that they won't be coming back, they leave behind a whole area that is claimed. Since the server is much more inactive than it previously was, there's bound to be MUCH more claims that have been sitting there for months.

The Store

The rank descriptions in the store are innaccurate:
    This is mainly applied to the admin rank but on the description of the rank, it says it has a wand that can freely make cool structures while you move around with it. Furthermore, there were other ranks that gave you access to other commands like /namecolor (namecolour in UK) or /chatcolor (chatcolour in UK) but when you actually purchase the rank, you still wouldn't be able to access those commands. I understand that some commands were disabled due to people abusing it with chests and duplicating valuable items but if they were to be disabled, then shouldn't they be removed off the store?

Prices are WAY too high: As I am writing this, I can't actually see the prices of the ranks because it looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/kbtwxpr (1. Yes I did change one of the names from "TaylorSuccs" to "kys_Legend109" as a joke and 2. It may be slightly smaller because I wanted to show you the full page within the picture). Anyways, back when there was the Myth and Legendz rank, the highest you had to pay was only £30, which is fairly averaged price, knowing that you'll get lots of special commands that set you apart from every other rank. However, the highest rank just before the server died was Admin, and it was over £/$200. No exaggeration. It might've been a typo but if it wasn't it surely does look way too high for a rank on a £20 game, knowing that you don't even get half the commands. I would understand if the rank was £40 but having it over £200 is way too overpriced.
    EA's DLCs still cost more

The store is very outdated: I'm half way through the school year and it still says on the store "95% off Back to school sale!" and the worst bit of it all...

"LIMITED TIME"

I do understand though that Minecraft is made to be for kids and that nowadays, kids ALWAYS talk about Fortnite: Battle Royale and that the OG members who used to play on here that have left are now grown up.

Anyways, I still long for the server update but those are some pointers as to why I believe that the server died out. This is my opinion so I don't expect you to completely agree with me completely. If you disagree with anything I say and want to give your opinion, then sure by all means go for it!

-LEGEND

P.S: "Good things come to those who wait."

• Like Like x 1
  5. apache725

apache725 Member

my alt hasn't been online in 3.5 years...

6. Classy_Brotato

#shitpixel

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. PVPMASTER220

PVPMASTER220 Member

CLASSSY

8. Classy_Brotato

WHATS GOOD MY GUY

9. Firepickle101

Firepickle101 Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Datpixel is gone at this point, it needs a reset entirely and start back from the bottom up. I'm not going to go in-to detail on why datpixel is dead, but everything is broken. Steven should at-least Give datpixel to a person that is willing to take care of the server. I have no reason to go on anymore because the population is so low.. And any word on the update that was supposed to come "Early December"?

10. AlexSlayin

AlexSlayin Member

let me guess an admin comes up and gives another shitty excuse to bring hope back up DATPIXEL is dead trust me if they could they did

11. _ItzKat

_ItzKat Member

I agree completely.

12. ProfessorOS

ProfessorOS Member

I doubt steven - or any of the current staff could revive the server at this point.
    Along with what @Legend_109 said; Toxicity, staff, steven, The store and just overall the Idiocy among the server is what led to the downfall of it.

13. Eric_lolz 2.0

Eric_lolz 2.0 Member

As an ex staff member and long time member of the Datpixel community, I’d love to say the server can still be revived with the support of the players, but let’s be honest. The server needs a total change. The current staff team is just not up for the job so they will clearly have to be terminated. Steven included since he clearly doesn’t give a shit. But obviously Steven won’t remove himself, so good run datpixel, no joke was fun while it lasted.

14. Hannah

Hannah Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There is literally nothing I can say that will make you regain hope at this point, but just because the server is dead now doesn't mean it will stay like thit forever (:)

15. apache725

apache725 Member

got steam, discord?

16. DiamondCruster

Staff Member Administrator Manager

If you guys would just know the issues

17. apache725

apache725 Member

why won't you tell us...

18. Classy_Brotato

I wonder why fucking genius

19. AlexSlayin

AlexSlayin Member

so its easier to start at 0 again then just work on the dam same fucking server?
    the Admins and Steven need to understand we are losing are patients if I was steven I would just choose to give the server to someone else and start over again
    new staff unban everyone reset everything but ranks
    make some better rules
    and a 24/7 moderation group from all different countries, not just the USA.
    the moderation needs to be at least 16+
    since the immature little kids [We can be immature too sometimes lol] are de reason the moderation team broke
    anyways just close this server down for some months until you are all done with your beloved Skittle
    or when @Steven found a new owner trust me steven it's better to find someone else than randomly spamming DDDDDDDDDD like a 4-year old that does not know how to type,
    anyways
    I am out

20. Apple

Apple Member

i had hope until i realized that skittle got 2 massive updates while he promised us that we would get one.

excuses?