1. Connect to the server with the IP: play.datpixel.net

DatPixel's future.

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by xILe0n, Sep 11, 2017.

1. xILe0n

xILe0n Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Disclosure: These are just my thoughts, because DatPixel is in a scary stage and it makes me feel uneasy. I feel it is better to write thoughts than let them grind away at me.

This is in server suggestions, as it's a suggestion that is an alternative to the death of DP.

-------------------------------------

I know the worst hasn't happened yet, but factions is dead (0 players), towny is joining it(10players at most, majority are alt grinders), and roleplays economy is ruined ( I have heard ).

I remember having 30 people I knew play Towny daily, doing new stuff every day, it was great. Now its just alt accounts grinding endlessly, with maybe 1 project happening within the community, and maybe some new player joining but immidiately leaving due to how stale it is.

As an alternative to this, why not just server reset, merge Towny and Roleplay into one mode, remove factions, reset the economy, give all current players ranks equivalent to their own except just lower, say -2/3 ranks.

Also, make a few ranks higher prices, both RP and Towny are plagued by max-rank players, it'd be nice to have a higher ceiling.

This merger allows all staff members from both gamemodes to be active on the one server, allowing an already quite nice chat to be completely clean, and all new players feel welcomed by them all, meaning some may actually stay and grow a playerbase, invite friends, that sort of thing.

The server would be towny command server with a roleplay feel, something unique within all of these roleplay clones I have been seeing recently.

This will allow DatPixel to remove the dead endgame we've seem to hit, which is destroying entertainment, and the playerbase.

Of course this will be unpopular for the veterans, but whats more important, some veterans having alts being the only players online and the server being shut down due to it being non-profitable, or having a FRESH server, with new players and new profit opportunities, allowing much more for DatPixel.

Everyone enjoys the journey to completion, but the feelings fade when there is nothing to do.

This is just an idea, but for everyone here I feel this would be better than seeing DP die after so many memories being made. I love this place and is the sole reason I keep playing any games to this date. I wouldn't forget this place and the friends I've made here.

I'd love to hear over peoples thoughts on this.

This is of course a last measure for DP.

Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. dinoplayz__

dinoplayz__ Member

I fully agree with this situation and I too believe that a fresh start would be beneficial. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Managers think of this. #MakeDPGreatAgain

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. xILe0n

xILe0n Helper
    Staff Member Helper

4. Stian

Stian Member

I do agree to alot of what you are writing, but i have not been on this server for that long, and i have used lots of Money to get both rank and other stuff. One expect to get "bang for bucks" and if i would loose my rank i would not feel like i did. It sais Lifetime on the website. To not keep a promise like that would remove the trust i have in this server, and i dont think i would donate more or buy a New rank. A fresh start but People keep ranks, thats something that would keep my trust in this server and make me donate more in the future.

Edit: I would also like to say, I am only here for towny. I like the ide to merge towny and roleplay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. xILe0n

xILe0n Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Towny is great, I can see why you're here. I also agree with your lifetime rank promise. Maybe they could keep the current structure but add 2 more ranks above BOSS/ADMIN? Therefore you keep your rank?

Edit: and for the love of everything with a competant IQ please rename Admin to not be misleading.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stian

Stian Member

I realy dont think adding ranks is the right way to go. I like you ide about resetting the Whole thing and merge towny and roleplay, thats something New, i think it wil make People stay and get their friends on. I dont think the ranks are going to be an issue if prises go up some, when New People come it wil solve it self as time goes and some ranked People leave and so on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ThiccThea

ThiccThea Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Why would you merge the two servers? You do different thinks on them.

8. Lord___Phantom

A manager, an admin, the owner, and me. Which one doesn't belong?:)

But I do agree that some measures should be taken to revitalize the community. Whether it's this or something else I don't know, but something has to be done.

9. IAimBoots

IAimBoots Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SnapCracklePop

I have spent like 50 Dollars On In game Items (Buying Ranks for people etc) So if it resets all that is gone, I personally agree but maybe instead of resetting they could remove the things no one uses (Turbo, Parkour) and Add some way to get money OUT of the economy, like a useful shop where people spend alot of money this would decrease the 100m getting added to the Eco Daily (Perhaps Buying Spawners from shop?) Another thing would be adding a tutorial so New players know how everything works.
    Theses are just some fast things I came up with, I think this issue requires ALOT of thinking because a full reset Might kill the veterans.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. MrAgogo

MrAgogo Member

It's supposed to be misleading so that more people will buy it and more profit is made

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hash

Hash Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

If the servers were merged into one, sure it'd bring them together. But it'd also result in probably at least 20% of the current players leaving. People play on roleplay because they like roleplay, and people play on towny because they like towny.

Even I would quit if roleplay had towny commands.

You said it yourself. If they're merged, it'll be more ruined than it already is.

That's never gonna happen no matter how many staff there are. Although there'd be more, overall it'd be more players to take care of, and when there's 100+ people on it can get a bit hectic.

We spent money on our ranks, that's just a complete rip off.

http://prntscr.com/gk0zcq
    With the unlikely chance that there will ever not be a sale, $420 is quite a lot for a rank already.

That would result in almost everyone leaving, regardless of the "new players".
    Everyone on roleplay (for the most part, my friends at least) have a history with the server. Pretty much everyone has some sort of bond. That's what makes DatPixel special. A whole bunch of new players would completely ruin that.

I'm sorry, but if it's not obvious by now, I'm completely against this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Random_Alex_

Random_Alex_ Member

yes reset role-play so everyone get angry and leaves the server for good yeah great plan ;/

14. SnapCracklePop

That Is fucking Golden

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. IAimBoots

IAimBoots Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Billy Madison, great movie

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bean

Bean Administrator
    Staff Member Senior Mod Administrator

The two survival servers will never be fully reset. Merging them would cause chaos and a large majority of the playerbase to leave. They're separate game modes and putting them as one server would serve no benefit whatsoever. Adding new ranks won't fix anything either, as there is little left to add for donors.

Steven has future plans for the server.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DiamondCruster

18. Classy_Brotato

Maybe we should just shut down the whole server! See? I'm smart.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. xLoveablex

xLoveablex Helper
    Staff Member Helper

I agree with Leon and Hash, the server is dying and less and less people are coming online. But I strongly disagree with merging the servers, we are two very different communities and merged together I don't think would work out.

20. Apple

Apple Member

I would chop my penis of if that actually happened boo <3